Thanksgiving Day this year was fantastic! We slept late (Yeah, Mia - thanks for sleeping until 8:30!) and started our day out right. Logan was very happy when he awoke, as was Mia. We sat down in time for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade...it was so beautiful this year. Logan couldn't wait for Santa to pass; he especially loved the Mickey Mouse Pirate balloon. Then it was time to get ready and get over to Aunt Terry's house for our Thanksgiving Feast. There was soooo much food! Mia had her first taste of "real food"; she ate some of PaPaw Joe's famous turkey and loved every last bite of it.
Next, we went to Hardware MaMaw and PaPaw's house and Mia had some of Hardware PaPaw's famous sweet potatoes. Once she got a taste of that, I don't think she cared about anything else. The smile on her face was priceless! She started kicking her legs and flapping her arms and even tried to steal the spoon out of my hand. It was really cute! Logan spent most of his night playing with the Monster Trucks that Hardware MaMaw bought for him to play with when he's at her house. He had a blast. Hardware MaMaw and PaPaw had just returned from a vacation at the Grand Canyon so (of course) they brought back gifts. Logan got a Native American Flute, which he played most of the way home (thanks, Dad!). About half way home I noticed that there were no more "sweet melodies" coming from the back seat so I turned around to do a status check and there he was, with the flute still up to his lips and his fingers covering the holes and sound asleep! It was absolutely adorable.
We had a great Thanksgiving this year and are very much looking forward to Christmas!
The K.I.N.D System
13 years ago










Sounds like you guys had a great day!! I don't blame Mia with those sweet potatoes...they were my fav this year too!!:)
ReplyDeletesure was glade you came over for thanksgiving. i hope logan makes lots of noise with his flute. what did he do with the gold?
ReplyDeleteThe gold is right on top his dresser and is pulled out regularly to tease us. He asks me the same question you asked him: "What does this look like to you?". I don't think he gets what gold actually is because when I answer that it looks like gold he says "No, it's a shiny rock, Mommy!"
ReplyDelete