Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Logan/Chucky

Logan had a half day of school today, so we took the opportunity to get appointments for flu shots for him and Mia. Ok - so I know that this doesn't sound like fun, but when else are we going to do it without causing Logan to miss school? Besides, I was off work today and it's so much easier if Joe and I are together when both kids have an appointment.

Mia was up first. She got one shot in the upper thigh, from which she cried for about 10 whole seconds. There I was thinking "Man, this is going good! Logan isn't even getting a shot - he's just getting the nasal mist. Looks like we'll be out of here with smiles!".

Then it was Logan's turn. Let the tears begin! I mean it. He threw an all out raging hissy fit. We tried reasoning - no deal. We tried negotiating - no deal. He started kicking, punching, crying, and contorting himself so as to avoid a simple nasal mist. I mean, if he could have, he would have ripped that nurse's head off and thrown it across the room. I wish I had brought the video camera. I truly believe it would have been worth some serious cash later on (Americas's Home Videos - you missed out on a good one!). It was like my sweet little boy ran out of the room and in stepped Chucky. Well, you know what they say: "When all else fails - manhandle 'em.". Afterward he had to pretend that the nasal mist actually did hurt so that he wouldn't feel so silly. So, of course he cried all the way to the elevator; and just for dramatic affect, he even threw in a few moans. I really felt kind of bad for the other moms who then had to explain to their children that the nasal mist truly wouldn't hurt despite Little Chucky's behavior. Once we got into the elevator, Logan had returned and the rest of the day was uneventful.

Well, I guess I learned my lesson...
  1. When Logan has a half day of school, let him enjoy it.
  2. Never make the mistake of assuming that he's tougher than Mia. 
  3. The next time Logan needs a shot (or nasal mist as the case may be), pack the body armor (the nurse can fend for herself). 

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart! What a hard day! Poor Logan! I hate shot day..I am sure he was unsure of the mist...so maybe scared! I love the monkeys!!So cute!

    ReplyDelete